- NEW! The deadline has been extended! Tax credit contributions received from January 1, 2021 through April 15, 2021, can now be claimed on your Arizona State income tax return for either the 2020 OR 2021 tax year. You no longer have to make your contribution by December 31 for it to count on 2020 taxes.
- A Tax Credit results in a dollar-for-dollar REDUCTION in your personal state income tax, NOT a donation or itemized deduction! The amount you contribute is subtracted directly from your State Income Tax liability when you file your taxes.
- 100% of your contribution goes to the school, program, & even student of YOUR choosing! You choose EXACTLY where YOUR tax dollars are spent! You may elect to sponsor a Scholarship for students in need, or support the Kindergarten Enrichment program!
- There are over 80 clubs/sports for you to choose from, encompassing all 8 of our schools and all ages. The funds can only be used for Extra- and Co-Curricular activities occurring before/after normal school hours, NOT in classrooms.
- Our athletic programs are supported solely through Tax Credits and local community support! The state provides $0 funding for athletic programs.
- The maximum credit allowed per year: $200/single & $400/married filing jointly; any credit not used in current tax year carries over for 5 consecutive years! It's not necessary to give the Maximum allowed; every dollar collected counts! BUT...
- If you DO contribute the maximum allowable to High School Athletics or a specific H.S. sport, you will receive a free "Thank You" athletic pass from the H.S Athletic Department; your whole family can attend every LHHS home sporting event FREE! (excludes district/regional games)
- LHUSD #1 offers payment plans, automatic withdrawal/Bill Pay, and payroll deductions to help you maximize your credit. Debit/credit card payments are taken at the District Office as well.
- You will receive a printed or emailed receipt as proof of payment for tax purposes.
- This tax credit is available to every Arizona State taxpayer! You needn't live in Lake Havasu City, or have kids in school in order to take advantage of this credit.
- Out-of-state contributions are accepted as well; the participant would be able to use the receipt as proof of a charitable contribution deduction for their taxes.
- Use your "power to choose" by keeping your tax dollars right here in Lake Havasu City with the Tax Credit Program for Extra-Curricular Activities!
Stop by any school or the district office for details and to start your participation, or use the links above to get forms and additional information. Forms are also available at Mohave County Library, Horizon Community Bank, and Mohave State Bank.
For more information about tax credit, call (928) 505–6917, or contact any of our schools.