The mission of the Special Services
Department of Lake Havasu Unified School District is to identify
children with disabilities and provide a free and appropriate education
for them as prescribed by the Individuals with Disabilities Education
Act and Section 504.
The staff of the Special Services Department believe that all students can learn skills that will enhance the quality of their lives regardless of developmental disabilities, socio-economic status, race, gender, or cultural considerations.
Our purpose is to provide a safe and caring environment that encourages the acquisition of knowledge.
In partnership with the parents and community, we accept the responsibility to teach all of our students so they are able to achieve their potential.
Director of Special Services
- Special Services
- Emergency Planning
- 504 Plan Coordinator
- IEP Auditor
- IEP or 504 meeting scheduler for all LHUSD schools except Smoketree Developmental Preschool
- Synergy training and support
- AT support
- Kurzweil support
- APlus support
- Student Record Retention
- Records Request
- Student Transportation
- E.S.Y. Coordinator
- Purchasing and Requisitions
- Department travel requests
- Department Inventory
- Grants Management for Department
- Homebound Services
- State Data Compliance and Census Reporting
- IEP or 504 meeting scheduler for Smoketree Developmental Preschool
- First Things First Scholarships