Funding is available from a variety of sources: local,
county and state entities, federal grants, private citizens, and bonds and overrides.
Budget-related documents are uploaded to the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) School Finance website.
• Annual Financial Reports, Budgets, and Worksheets
• Auditor General Reports
• Vouchers (monthly expenditures, disbursements, and completed transactions)
- Annual Financial Report presented to the governing board.
- Evaluate preliminary budget limits established per 40th day ADM (Average Daily Membership - an attendance figure.).
- Meet with building principals to discuss staffing allocations for the next school year. Enrollment finalization, preliminary staffing allocations and costs, and finalize staffing.
- Review enrollment, enrollment projections, and staffing policies.
- Discuss present educational programs concerning possible revisions thereto for next school year which would affect the budget, staffing ratio, special programs, selection of textbooks, and materials.
- Budget Development Meetings for next school year.
- Review compilation of District budget for recommendation to the Board.
- Complete salary considerations.
- Current school year expenditure budget revisions presented to governing board.
- Proposed budget for the next school year presented to the governing board.
- Governing board votes on the proposed budget and it becomes the adopted budget.
- Adopted budget transmitted to the Arizona Department of Education.